Thursday, April 8, 2010

Nope

Can't run the half-marathon because of my achilles tendons. The injury is too painful and once I am allowed to run, I'm only allowed to begin with one milers--clearly, with only 1 week before the race, that is impossible, especially if I want to avoid injuring myself further.

This is pretty disappointing, however! I refuse to let it get me down or set me back too far. Instead, I'm going to be diligent in my time off and work those muscle groups whose weakness helped cause the injury in the first place, so that I can come back better and stronger than ever!

Once I AM back on the road, I will begin another training program, with the goal being 13.1 miles again.

I know I can and will.

1 comment:

  1. I know you can too. I'm cheering you on. Take care of you. God bless.

    ReplyDelete