Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Oh Soy!

Hello friends!!! Good news: Today was a little easier energy-wise. My body is slowly repairing from the abuse. But something that I have been more and more aware of: I think my body has a sensitivity to soy. And to corn. This evening, I had one tortilla chip and immediately felt bloated. And then along with the tofu, my stomach was not a happy camper. In Brendan Brazier's book, Thrive, he talks about the most typical foods (including those listed above) that people have sensitivities to--not full-blown allergies--but sensitivities, enough that they cause us discomfort but small enough that we don't realize the cause or what is making us feel consistently lousy. As a result, I am going to be much more mindful of these products in what I eat, and I'll report on the results.

Healing Foods of the Day:
Unsweetened Rice Milk--with a whopping six grams of fiber per cup and only 45 calories, this is a delicious best bud for your cereal, adding even more sustaining fiber to keep you going until lunch (or your mid-morning snack!)

Reviews:
Vegan Grated Topping in Parmesan by Galaxy Foods...
BUY THIS!!! The flavor was so similar to parmesan, and a lovely addition to my pasta. So tasty I wanted to pour it on with a vengeance. But my common sense took over and thus generously sprinkled my noodles, instead of drowning them in a deluge of deliciousness (oh yeah alliteration).

Zevia in Root Beer...
Fine. Very sweet, so if you are used to artificial sweeteners this is a great substitute. Seems a little more spicy than regular Root Beer. Overall? Despite its higher than diet soda price, I will purchase it again. It satisfied my craving for pop, without any excess calories or dangerous chemicals. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment